Learn more about Abraham Lincoln Library & Museum.
Located on the beautiful campus of Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, Tennessee, the Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum (ALLM) houses one of the finest private collections of Lincoln and Civil War material in the world. More than 35,000 artifacts, manuscripts, photos, and rare books fill its six permanent exhibit galleries, special exhibit gallery, vaults, and reading rooms.
- Abraham Lincoln's ebony walking stick
- the Lincoln family's tea set, used in their Springfield home
- the only photograph of Abraham Lincoln's father, Thomas Lincoln
- more than 100 documents handwritten or signed by Lincoln
- decorations from Lincoln's coffin
- a lock of Lincoln's hair
- a portrait of Mary Todd Lincoln painted by her niece, Katherine Todd Helm
- a corner cupboard made by Lincoln's father for the family's Kentucky home
- original Civil War firearms, swords, uniforms, and flags
- the signal lantern and speaking trumpet from the Civil War battleship USS Monitor
- a carriage belonging to Secretary of State William H. Seward
- 197 works of statuary, paintings, engravings, etchings, and drawings; includes works by Gutzon Borglum (of Mount Rushmore fame), Daniel Chester French (the sculptor responsible for the statue in the Lincoln Memorial), and two portraits by Thomas Buchanan Read (noted 19th-century artist and poet)
- 2,500 pamphlets from the Civil War era
- 1,500 original pieces of Civil War sheet music
For the most up-to-date hours and information, please contact Abraham Lincoln Library & Museum directly.
6965 Cumberland Gap Pkwy.
Harrogate, TN 37752
Christmas holiday (December 23, 2021-January 1, 2022)
- AAA Discount